Piper Leigh

Piper Leigh

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Tornado Sirens

So, apparently last night's weather got a little rough. David and I were woken up twice last night by the tornado sirens. It is the worst noise to wake up to because it scares me, and David wakes up thinking that he is on a military base again. Anyway, they went off at one in the morning. I turned the TV on to ABC, and James Spann still had on his suspenders. Usually this means that the weather has not gotten bad yet. (The suspenders come off when it is bad. Don't ask me, this is what I have always heard, and it seems to be true.) So, David and I went back to sleep. At 1:40 the sirens went off again. James Spann again still had on his suspenders, so back to sleep we went. Luckly, the weather was not to bad and there were not any tornadoes in our area.

However, poor Daisy was so scared of the weather and the sirens that she had to get in bed with us. David was a little miffed by this because "the dog does not belong in the bed." I had to explain to him that this was the only way I was going to get any sleep because she will just keep poking my side of the bed with her nose. (She doesn't do this to David. She knows that I am her human.) So, Daisy cuddled up with us, and we finally got some sleep. Morning came way to early.

1 comment:

abryant said...

bless your heart!! A day with no rest is super hard. Maybe today's weather will be better, I'm hoping for a least a little sighting of the white stuff!!