YOU KNOW YOU GO TO UWA WHEN.....
1. China and Mexico are no longer countries but restaurants
2. Before coming to UWA you loved Sonic, Hardees and Burger King and now when you go home you refuse to eat there because you’re sick of them
3. If you get hurt at school you refuse to go to the local hospital for fear of getting hurt worse
4. You Go to D-Mop or Meridian at least twice a week
5. When you tell someone that you go to the University of West Alabama they look at you funny until you say Livingston and then they know
6. Half of your friends are from Sumter, Choctaw or Marengo county
7. 1 in 4 people you know went to a private school
8. You fear for your life when you’re in the IGA parking lot at night
9. A lot of your shopping is done at JR's Foodmart
10. ALL parties take place on Thursday night and you have missed your 9 am Friday class because you got home at 6
11. Dandy Don's and THE BAKERY...nough said
12. You go home almost EVERY weekend
13. You hate dealing with all the red tape and hassle of housing
14. OOZEBAL, you know it, you love it
15. If you wanna go play pool or ping pong at the SUB you know there will be a 30 minute wait
16. You know half the Talent Show will consist of Stomping
17. Green Roof, The House, North Hills, Klondike and Yellow Creek are the places to be
18. You always complain but continue to eat at the cafe
19. You KNOW what the cafe serves on Wednesday
20. You have written your name on the Catwalk
21. You know better than to sit on the couch at Smitty's
22. You tell someone a secret and the next day everyone knows about it
23. You Know Flowers
24. You Drink
25. Alabama was just too expensive
26. You wear more Alabama or Auburn stuff than you do UWA
27. The Monkey and The Oaktree
28. You ask your self on a regular basis "What the hell are the sculptures supposed to be"
29. You have understood every thing you just read
30. You know that "THERES JUST SOMETHING ABOUT THIS PLACE"
Even More Proof That You Go to UWA:
things that were left off the 1st list--
1. You Add to this Group
2. if you know at least one person who has seen a "ghost" on campus...in the library, haunted bridge, etc.
3. you're not scared when the cops show up because you know all they wanna do is say hey
4. you can remember the parties at the Delta Chi house and miss the Indian Parties there
5. You've gone here for a long time and still arnt 100% sure if you call it Lake LU or L.U.
6. when theres a band/dj party you go for about 15 minutes and then go to the real party off campus
7. you agree with the following statement: "parking at Reed sucks"
8. For at least half your time here you have heard about all these NEW IMPROVEMENTS, like dorms, facilities, baskestball arenas, etc...and they still HAVE NOT been BUILT.
9. you come back every summer for the Orientation Parties cause they are always the best of the year
10. you go to U-dub when your advisor now is someone you started college with 7 years ago
11. if you want a snack after 10:00 you have to drive to the interstate
12. you still cant understand how you are the only one ordering at Burger King and it still takes 10 minutes to get your food.
13. your name is on the tunnel of love or the painted bridge
14. Playin the sign game
15.You go to the cafe and you can recognize the chicken,turkey,shrimp or beef but you're still left wondering where and whats the "ALA KING"
16. Your just waiting to get stuck for good in the elevator at Stickney
17. You know theres probably even less to up here in good ol livingston in the summer but you take summer courses anyway
18. People ask you wheres the best place to party in Livingston and your answer is Tuscaloosa
19. You understand the following:
A car being chased by the cops loses control at a red light, keeps going slams into a column at Eddy's BBQ then crashes into Bill's Dollar store and burns it to the ground
20. Your Reminded of this ever time your heading to demopolis because the melted building hasnt been touched
21. You remember the Sigma Pi house
22. You get excited when you hear that there MIGHT be a McDonalds built at the interstate
23. You remember Smitty's
24. "Right" Dr.Joo Lee
25. Theres STILL just something about this place...
1. you know you went to LU when you can shoot a deer off the baseball field
2. you dont understand how the BBQ joint could close.....
So, I miss Livingston sometimes. I really miss the bakery. No, I never sat on the couch at Smittys. I miss the Sigma Pi house and Oozeball.
Oh and my Name and Scroll number are both on the tunnel of love and the painted bridge. I never could make it across the catwalk. It was to scary!